Hi my lovelies! I’m sorry that it has been a while since I have posted the start of June and the end of May was crazy busy for me! From moving back home to my birthday and all sorts of family functions! But I’m sure this post that you have all been waiting for makes up for it.
Trying to stay positive can be hard at times. I was negative before I used to think why did this happen to me? What have I done wrong to deserve this? I changed my mindset, people I surround myself with, I read more books and I really changed a lot about myself because I wanted to succeed and be the best version of myself. I did not like the negative thoughts or the way I was talking myself down. I am going to be sharing with you my top 20 tips to stay positive. Before this blog post does go on I will just like to say that the things I have done have not happened overnight it has taken me time and I took small steps to become positive and keep staying positive. And I am a big believer in the law of attraction, which is where a lot of the tips have come from. If any entrepreneur, mind coach, or public figure have used these tips that I am sharing with you I would like to credit them because I am sure somewhere along the line I have picked up these tips from them. Three people I will like to credit because I know I have picked these tips up is from their posts is Kaushal, Vex King and Rhonda Bryne.
- First things first remove negative people from your life. This is probably one of the hardest ones as those people can be friends, family or work colleagues. You don’t know who is negative and bringing negativity into your life by the ways of talking.
- Secondly it is important to surround yourself with positive people. It may seem easy but the people that are always motivating you, supporting you, encouraging you and helping you to achieve your goals and dreams are the type of people you want to be spending your time with. This can be family or friends or people who are generally positive that you have connected with.
- Every morning when you wake up say ‘today is going to be a good day’ start your day with a positive thought and keep saying it throughout the day this attracts positivity and helps start the day right. This one small thought in the morning can change your day.
- I personally think it is important to exercise to stay healthy and fit but also it helps us feel better about the day. Now I am not saying to do an hour’s workout everyday but it can be something like a 10-minute walk or a run around the area you live in or a quick 10-minute cardio workout. If you do like going to the gym and doing a workout do that or if you like swimming go to the pool regularly if like cycling get o your bike everyday and go cycling for half an hour or even an hour.
- This may seem hard but mediating helps you focus on yourself and your breathing. Start slow and build this up. Every evening switch your phone off for 5-10 minutes and build that time up to 15-20 minutes. In this time focus on your breathing, forget about everything that has happened or anything you need to do for the next day put on some meditation music and just focus on your breathing and relax. I will link some links to the meditation music I use right at the end of the post.
- Get out of comfort zone. I think this is important because after you have done whatever it is that is outside of your comfort zone you feel so good about yourself and makes you want to achieve much more. If anyone knows me knows I hate cycling I don’t know why but I have never really liked it even as a child once I managed to get a hold of the bike I managed to cycle around my area and I felt so good afterwards and I knew if I could get on a bike after an odd 10-15 years I can achieve so much more.
- Smile! Smiling is the best thing. I cannot even say how much smiling helps. Smiling is contagious if you smile at someone in the streets that person will feel good about themselves and it make you feel good and happy.
- Set yourself goals! Setting yourself goals that you want to achieve help with positivity these goals can be career focused, money focused, personal life focus anything. Setting yourself goals help you to work harder your mind is then driven to achieve these.
- Read more! Reading helps extend your vocabulary but it also helps your mindset. By reading a book whether that is fiction, non-fiction or something to do with personal development your helping your mindset be the type of you want to be. You’re educating yourself and your mind.
- Have notifications turned on for people you follow on social media. A lot of us use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat as platforms of communicating with people turn on notification for positive people that you follow whether they are celebrities or not they people will help you keep positive throughout the day. These positivity reminders will help you and keep you positive. I have notifications on for some of my friends, family but also celebrities such as Vex King, Kaushal, Zoella, Louise Pentland, Niomi Smart these are a few I am going to name. I will just like to add here as it links to two of the people I follow Kaushal and Vex King have positivity bracelets that you can buy- I will link the site at the end of this post but those bracelets get me a reminder throughout the day when I can’t reach my phone for whatever reason.
- Have a routine! This may seem like a weird one but having a routine helps you be more productive with your day, which helps your mind but also helps you keep positive. I always have a daily routine of getting up making the bed and then going down for breakfast this means that a lot of the small daily tasks are done and I can focus on my meetings and other various things I have to do during the day. By creating yourself a simple routine you are creating a better you, which helps you, keep positive.
- Going with the idea of having a routine you should have a proper sleep. This may seem weird and you’re probably thinking how does having sleep help with keep positive? Well if you have the recommended amount of sleep (7 to 8 hours) this will not help you be productive but you will be well rested to ensure you can be extra productive during the day.
- As mentioned before that am I a big believer in the law of attraction. A vision board is the next thing that helps me stay positive and keep positive. Create a vision board put your goals and dreams on the board, no matter how big or small the goal or dream put it on there, put the board where you can see it every day. This will keep you positive and it will be a daily reminder of what you are doing and why.
- Look on the bright side of everything. Whenever something bad happens or negative like you don’t get that job you applied for or that car you wanted you couldn’t get. Think positive that these negative things that happen make us a better person and lead us to something better.
- Self-love. Self-love is one of the most important things when it comes to keeping positive. Loving yourself will allow people to love you the way you love yourself including your flaws even Beyoncé has flaws no-one is important. Loving every part of you including the journey you have been on will bring you a lot more and will keep you positive.
- Let it go. As Queen Elsa said *Let it Go Let it Go* just let it go don’t let anything bring you down nor take anything to heart even if it’s something negative. Any difficult situations you have been in don’t let it get the better of you in fact do the opposite, everything you go through or have gone through allows you to be a better version of yourself.
- Eat Healthy. Eating healthy is just as important as having enough sleep. Maybe wondering how does eating healthy help with keeping positive? If you’re eating the right food for your body you will feel good not only from the inside but also on the outside. Which means a more positive you.
- Believe in yourself. Believing in yourself is very important. If you believe you can do whatever you set your mind and heart to you will receive the results you want through self-belief. Believing in yourself will keep you positive throughout the day.
- Avoid social comparison. We all compare ourselves to people on social media whether that is celebrities, friends or family social comparison will bring you down. Avoid comparing yourself to others on social media!
- Judge less. Again, with idea of avoiding social comparison you should judge not only yourself less but also others around you. By judging less, you will bring positivity into your life.
Here are some useful links:
Meditation music: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrNepal
Apps: Breathe, Headspace
Vex King’s and Kaushal’s positivity bracelets: https://shop.bonvitastyle.com/
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-10th-Anniversary-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1847370292
Free E-book of Vex King’s Make Your Dreams Your Reality: http://www.bonvitastyle.com/ebook
Kaushal’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/KaushalBeauty
Kaushal’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kaushalbeauty/
Kaushal’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KaushalBeauty
Vex King’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/VexKing?lang=en-gb
Vex King’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/VexKing/
Vex King’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vexking/
Bon Vita Style website: http://www.bonvitastyle.com/
Bon Vita Style Twitter: https://twitter.com/BonVitaStyle?lang=en-gb
Bon Vita Style Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bonvitastyle/
The Secret Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesecret
Comment below with your tips to staying positive and lets all share our tips and make our lives more positive.